Electronics Engineering Double Ph.D. Program between Sabancı University and National Chiao Tung University
The program is expected to have an immense contribution to higher education in the area of electronics engineering, specifically microelectronics, semiconductor and integrated circuit design and fabrication, by further enhancing research and innovation skills of both institutions, in return, developing highly skilled and knowledgeable/experienced graduates for academia and industry.
Electronics Engineering Double Ph.D. Program
- will reinforce our leadership position in R&D and scientific studies in Electronics Engineering specifically, but limited to, microelectronics, semiconductor and integrated circuit design and production,
- will play a significant part in training qualified human resources in areas that are always in demand in the world and continuously gaining in importance in Turkey.
- First “double PhD Degree” program at Sabancı University !
- “Microelectronics and Electronics Engineering” in the field of Semiconductor Technology
- Program is applicable all areas of EE, upon interest
- One PhD thesis two separate degrees, one from each institution
- Thesis advisor at the home institution, co-advisor at the partner university (2 advisors)
- Allows students to spend 2 semesters at the partner university each having its own individual curriculum.
- Significant and immense contribution to the of internationalizing the higher education
- Enhancing research and innovation at each partner institution
Students who complete all academic requirements set by both institutions shall be issued two separate Double PhD diplomas;one from SU and one from NCTU for the one-degree
- One of the oldest Chinese universities (est.1896) introduced under the Western education system.
- Taiwan's top research university ranked 156 in EE ranking (US News-Best Global Univ.)
- is located in Hsinchu Science Park, >Taiwan’s ‘Silicon Valley’, 2/3 of CEOs and managers in the Science Park are, estimated, to have once been students of NCTU.
- 700+ teaching faculty members, 300+ research staff and 14,700+ students (including about 5,600 undergraduates and 9,100 graduates)
- many courses are taught in English and more than 10% of students are international.
- composed of 12 colleges that offer UG& PG programs in Engineering, EE, Semiconductor Technology, CS, BIO, Photonics, Internet of things (IOT), bio-inspired information and communication technology (BIO-ICT), biomedical technologies, AI & green energy, intelligent hospital, etc.
- NCTU’s pioneering laboratory fostered an entire ecosystem for the semiconductor industry in Taiwan, leading to renowned companies as derivatives, like TSMC, MediaTek, and UMC, just to name a few. (for example, TSMC had US$35 billion revenue in 2019 (company’s total worth is US$225 billion-2019))