2018 THREE MINUTE THESIS COMPETITION WINNERS !
On May 09th, 2018 Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences organized the second Three Minute Thesis (3MT) Competition. 10 successful FENS PhD candidates presented their research, each in three minutes. At this exciting and fun day, after thoughtful deliberation, our panel of guest judges declared the winner and the runner-up:
PROGRAM: Mechatronics Engineering
THESIS ADVISOR: Serhat Yeşilyurt
PRESENTATION: “Low Reynolds Number Swimming of Chiral and Axisymmetric Structures ”
PROGRAM: Electronics Engineering
THESIS ADVISOR: Yaşar Gürbüz
PRESENTATION: “See The Unseen…”
The audience composed of faculty, students and staff decided on the people's choice award:
THESIS ADVISOR: İnanç Adagideli
PRESENTATION: “Spin transistor based on Exotic materials ”
Thank you to our jury members for their valuable time and efforts:
- Şirin Tekinay, Vice President of Sabancı University
- Murat Germen, Faculty Member, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- H. Sait Ölmez, Faculty Member, Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Kozan Demircan, Chief Digital Officer, Senior Lecturer at Bilgi and Bahcesehir University
- Ercan Varlıbaş, CEO, VSY Biotechnology
Congrats to all our winners and the wonderful presentations of all applicants and thanks to Dean's Office.
This event wouldn't be possible without their dedication.
FENS RESEARCH AWARDS COMMITTEE